School Security encompasses all measures taken to combat threats to people and property in education environments. One term connected to school security is school safety, which is defined as the sheltering of students from violence and bullying, as well as exposure to harmful elements such as drugs and gang activity. Along with other public places, schools are at risk for invasion from outside as well as attacks from students or faculty because of the high traffic of potential assailants and availability of victims.
Schools are also always areas that are facing the challenges of burglary, vandalism, bullying and violence, and in such a sizable area where there are numerous students, staff and properties, it is not possible to ensure people’s safety and protect properties in schoolyard merely by human efforts.
STS’s video based analytics solution can not only effectively deter these crimes and record court-admissive evidence to verify all the incidents at school or even on the school bus, but also build a prompt reporting system for immediate responses to the accidents. By investing in this solution, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of better security management and more efficient operations at the same time.
Major analysis use cases undertaken at various establishments are:
1. Face detection in large areas
2. Loitering in unauthorized area
3. Loitering during unauthorized time
5. Damage to CCTV units
6. Depicting and preventing bullying or student fights
7. Classroom behavior of students – reviewing the active participation of students during classroom hours by categorizing the interest
8. Entry to authorized persons to labs
9. Identifying the access to the toilets
10. Presence or absence of security guards at their designated places